Furniture designer Charlie Crowther-Smith teams up with talented visual artist Anna Higgie for their latest project entitled the 'Higgie Chair'. Crowther-Smith covers one of his angular Tri-Ply Dining Chair designs with Higgie's vividly colored and visually organic illustrations. The striking result is a pop-art inspired furniture piece that plays with a viewer's perception.
While its minimalist and geometric form serves as the chair's structural shell, it's artful application of color elevates its aesthetic status as one of the most vivid and unique furniture pieces seen in recent years.
Reminiscent of both optical illusion art works and vibrantly hued pop art masterpieces, the Higgie Chair is both a practical furniture piece and a sculptural art creation that is imaginative and whimsical.
The Higgie Chair by Charlie Crowther-Smith and Anna Higgie is Vibrant
1. Pop-art Furniture - The Higgie Chair demonstrates the trend of merging art and furniture design to create visually stunning and unique pieces.
2. Visual Collaboration - The collaboration between a visual artist and furniture designer in the creation of the Higgie Chair showcases the trend of artists working across different mediums to create innovative products.
3. Perception-play Furniture - The Higgie Chair's use of vivid illustrations and geometric form highlights the trend of furniture designs that play with viewers' perception and challenge traditional aesthetics.
1. Furniture Design - The Higgie Chair presents an opportunity for furniture designers to explore the integration of art into their designs, creating unique and visually appealing pieces.
2. Visual Arts - The collaboration between a visual artist and furniture designer in the creation of the Higgie Chair opens up new avenues for artists to expand their work beyond traditional art mediums.
3. Home Decor - The visually striking and artistic Higgie Chair introduces a disruptive innovation opportunity for the home decor industry to offer more unconventional and eye-catching furniture options.