It's a brave new world out there and such products as Hello Ruby by Linda Liukas, the New York-based founder of Rail Girls, are preparing girls for it. It is an adorable children's book aimed as getting its readers excited about programming. While there are already some intriguing video games, toys and robots out there that hope to also lay the foundation of coding in young children, this book specifically targets girls since they are often the ones left in the dust when it comes to the technology industry.
Hello Ruby by Linda Liukas targets children between the ages of four and seven. She writes, "Ruby's world is an extension of the way I've learned to see technology. It goes far beyond the bits and bytes inside the computer."
Hello Ruby by Linda Liukas Gets Kids Excited About Programming
1. Children's Coding Books - Opportunity to develop more children's books that target programming education and engage young readers.
2. Inclusive Tech Education - Opportunity to create more educational resources that specifically target girls and other underrepresented groups in the tech industry.
3. Early Coding Education - Opportunity to provide coding education to children as young as four years old through engaging books and other interactive platforms.
1. Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to create and market children's books that teach coding concepts.
2. Tech Education - Opportunity for tech education companies to develop resources and curriculum that cater to young girls and encourage their interest in programming.
3. Children's Toys and Games - Opportunity for toy and game companies to create products that introduce coding concepts to children in a fun and interactive way.