Using resin and recycled keyboard buttons, the artist Babis created the Hedonism(y) Trojaner statue. Set on giant rockers, the sculpture is essentially a giant keyboard in the shape of a realistic-looking horse.
The name 'Trojaner' reminds us of the Trojan horse from Greek lore that infiltrated the city of Troy, resulting in its destruction. Babis is trying to symbolize how tech gadgets and the Internet in particular have infiltrated our lives and our essence of being without us even noticing. Social media, chat rooms and online shopping are just a few examples of how our lives have become so involved with the Internet.
Babis wants us to be aware and understand the implications of letting the Internet take over our being with his project Hedonism(y) Trojaner.
The Hedonism(y) Trojaner by Babis Uses the Internet as a Medium
1. Recycled Keyboard Art - Opportunity to create unique art pieces using discarded keyboard buttons.
2. Infiltration of Technology - Recognition of the pervasive impact of technology on our everyday lives and the need for awareness and understanding.
3. Internet as a Medium - Exploration of new ways to utilize the internet as a platform for artistic expression and communication.
1. Art and Design - Integration of technology and recycled materials into traditional art forms to create innovative pieces.
2. Technology and Electronics - Development of eco-friendly and sustainable innovations for manufacturing and disposing of electronic devices.
3. Digital Media and Communication - Exploration of the internet as a creative medium for exploring and addressing social issues.