The popular Harrods department store in London, England, has taken their holiday window display to the next level by making Disney princesses couture. Instead of simply having the typical Disney princesses in their customary costumes, Harrods has creatively issued ten renowned fashion designers including Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Versace, Marchesa, Elie Saab, Jenny Packham, Roberto Cavalli, Escada, Missoni and Ralph & Russo to each design a dress for one of the ten iconic princesses.
Taking the beloved Disney princesses such as Snow White, Cinderella and Belle into a new generation of fashion couture, the designers open up the fairytale world to a new generation.
On display in the Harrods windows since November 2012, the shots are taken by photographer Jason Ell, which were published in an edition of Harrods Magazine.
Famed Fashion Houses Design Gowns for Iconic Characters
1. Couture Disney Princesses - Fashion designers collaborating with iconic characters to create high-end gowns opens up possibilities for branded collaborations in the fashion industry.
2. Fashion Innovation - Merging classic fairytales with high-end fashion offers opportunities for creative storytelling and unique branding strategies within the fashion industry.
3. Fashionable Window Displays - Elevating the traditional holiday store window display by combining iconic characters with renowned fashion designers creates a new trend in visual merchandising and retail marketing.
1. Fashion Retail - Collaborating with iconic characters and renowned fashion designers can revolutionize the retail industry by introducing exclusive and unique collections for customers.
2. Photography - The demand for creative and visually appealing photoshoots, like the haute Disney princesses, presents photography professionals with opportunities to showcase their skills and expand their client base.
3. Visual Merchandising - Incorporating high fashion and iconic characters in holiday window displays can redefine the art of visual merchandising and attract customers to retail stores with innovative and eye-catching designs.