Italian costume designer and milliner Veronica Toppino is adding a new contemporary take on hat designs. Drawing inspirational cues from "historic examples of social distancing in fashion," she creates a headpiece for consumers that will allow them to keep a distance from others in public situations while maintaining "extravagance."
For this project, Veronica Toppino has created two, attention-captivating hat designs—while one is covered in stretched fabric, exuding a sense of elegance, the other is kept bare for a more raw expression.
The aesthetic of the hat designs is intended to highlight "the role of functionality in fashion during the current COVID-19 pandemic" and how fashion can assist in keeping people mindful of their space during and in the wake of the outbreak.
Image Credit: Dezeen
Veronica Toppino is Inspired by Historic Examples of Social Distancing
1. Social Distance Hats - Designers can create stylish and functional hats that help individuals maintain distance in public spaces.
2. Functionality in Fashion - The pandemic has created an opportunity for designers to merge style with functionality to promote safety and health.
3. Creative Social Distancing Designs - The need for social distancing can inspire designers to create unique and innovative clothing and accessories.
1. Fashion and Apparel - The fashion and apparel industry can incorporate social distancing features into their designs to meet changing consumer needs.
2. Personal Protective Equipment - The pandemic has created a need for personal protective equipment, including fashionable options for consumers.
3. Event Planning and Hospitality - Event planners and hospitality businesses can promote social distancing by incorporating stylish social distancing accessories, such as hats, into their events.