The Hannes Van Severen Wardrobe Sculptures are an imaginative and dreamlike collection of armoires that have been transformed into fantastical objects. By cutting apart and stitching back together different pieces, Van Severen comments on the wardrobe's role as an object of magic, mystery and power in fiction.
Indeed, Van Severen says that he "deprives the object of its original functionality and allows its aesthetic value to prevail." He is correct when he says that these sculptures are no longer viable as pieces of furniture to hold your clothes. Some of your friends may question you for having half a wardrobe in your living room as a piece of art. The fact that they are asking you about and commenting on the work proves that the Hannes Van Severen Wardrobes Sculptures are worthy of discussion.
The Hannes Van Severen Wardrobe Sculptures Transform Armoires
1. Refurbished Furniture - Opportunity to transform traditional furniture into unique and imaginative art sculptures.
2. Object Repurposing - Exploration of cutting apart and stitching back together different objects to create new and fantastical pieces.
3. Aesthetic Value Vs. Functionality - Challenge the traditional purpose of objects and focus on their aesthetic appeal as standalone artworks.
1. Art and Design - Innovative artists and designers can create unique and thought-provoking sculptures by refurbishing traditional furniture.
2. Home Decor - Manufacturers and retailers can tap into the trend of repurposed furniture to offer unconventional and artistic home decor pieces.
3. Art Collecting - Art enthusiasts and collectors can embrace the trend of repurposed objects as a new form of collectible artworks.