Australian shoe company FEIT has teamed up with furniture firm BDDW to deliver a line of premium handmade leather boots for 2018. The collection of 60 pairs is a testimonial to the arts, crafts and custom movements that have been dominating both industries in recent times. Each leather upper has been "dyed, painted or embossed by hand in BDDW's Philadelphia studio" and made its way to FEIT, where the product is hand-sewn.
The handmade leather boots carry an adventurious aesthetic and boast colors in pink, tan,green and blue on classic 60s-inspired shoe silhouettes. The art and craft spirit is further enhanced by quirky illustrations that are reminiscent of nomad cave drawings.
Photo Credits: Ben Pogue and FEIT
FEIT and BDDW Create a Line of Colorful and Handmade Leather Boots
1. Handmade Leather Products - The rising trend of handmade leather products, such as the FEIT and BDDW boots, presents an opportunity for traditional handmade craft industries to innovate by incorporating modern designs and marketing strategies.
2. Customization and Personalization - The trend towards customized and personalized accessories, such as the hand-dyed leather boots, provides an opportunity for businesses to create more bespoke products and tap into the growing consumer desire for unique, one-of-a-kind items.
3. Collaborative Design Partnerships - The strategic partnership between FEIT and BDDW to create the hand-dyed leather boots demonstrates an opportunity for businesses from different industries to collaborate and create unique products by combining their expertise and design styles.
1. Footwear Industry - The handmade leather boots by FEIT and BDDW indicate an opportunity for the footwear industry to innovate by incorporating artisanal techniques and colorful designs in their product lines, to appeal to consumers seeking unique, high-quality shoes.
2. Furniture Industry - The partnership between FEIT and BDDW presents an opportunity for the furniture industry to expand into new markets and product lines, such as footwear, by leveraging their expertise in handmade leather techniques and quality craftsmanship.
3. Fashion Industry - The trend towards handmade and artisanal products, as seen in the hand-dyed leather boots by FEIT and BDDW, presents an opportunity for the fashion industry to create more sustainable and ethical products, while appealing to consumers looking for unique, quality fashion items.