This fun Halloween treat idea by Bakerella pays tribute to the Day of the Dead with colorfully intricate sugar skull cake pops. The recipe was crafted in order to celebrate Bakerella's new line of candy wafers by Make’n Mold. Since this particular cake pop recipe makes use of multiple colors, this is a clever way to promote the wafers in a tasty, useful way.
To make these treats what you'll need is to start with a skull-shaped piece of cake, dipped into a white candy wafer coating. Once this has dried, the best part of this recipe is that you can really get creative when it comes to decorating your sugar skull pops. Bakerella also makes use of a few of her own Bakerella Yellow Sugar Stars to really make these cake pops stand out.
This Halloween Treat Idea Celebrates the Day of the Dead
1. Sugar Skull Treats - Innovative application of cultural symbolism in dessert products providing a unique Halloween option.
2. Multi-colored Confectionery - Alternative to traditional mono-coloured candy coatings demonstrating a mass-market opportunity for creativity in confectionery.
3. Repurposed Cake - Sustainable snack ideas that can reuse leftover cake in creative ways for cake pop-making.
1. Food and Beverage - Food manufacturers and confectioners can explore multicultural food influences in product development for the growing demand of inventive food experiences.
2. Sustainability - Waste reduction possibilities in the food industry through creative repurposing of leftover ingredients such as cakes.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Creative food packaging and presentations have potential for enhanced marketing and sales opportunities for product lines.