The H & M new home collection is a natural brand extension. H & M Home is the newest launch from the Swedish mega-retailer. That’s right—H & M will now sell chic, low-cost textiles and accessories for your abode.
The H & M new home collection will feature four series: the black and white graphics of ‘Design’, the vibrantly colorful ‘Youthful’, the eco-conscious ‘Natural’ and the nautically-inspired ‘Classical’. With the launch of this new home collection the next logical step for H & M would be furniture. So will IKEA soon be selling clothes?
Dress Your House Head to Toe in H & M's New Home Collection
1. Low-cost Home Collections - The H&M new home collection taps into the trend of offering affordable and stylish home textiles and accessories.
2. Brand Extensions - The expansion of H&M into the home decor market showcases the trend of brands diversifying their product offerings to reach new consumer segments.
3. Convergence of Fashion and Home - The possibility of IKEA selling clothes and H&M expanding into furniture demonstrates the trend of fashion and home industries converging to create unique shopping experiences.
1. Retail - The H&M new home collection disrupts the retail industry by offering customers affordable and fashionable home decor options.
2. Home Decor - The launch of H&M's home collection presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the home decor industry to provide stylish products at lower costs.
3. Fashion - The potential crossover of IKEA selling clothes highlights the fashion industry's potential for disruptive innovation by expanding into new markets.