Gustaaf Wassink fronts Carven's Fall/Winter 2014 campaign that is captured by photographer Viviane Sassen's lens. The label's latest lookbook highlights a range of effortlessly cool staples that feature the perfect balance of retro and modern elements.
Standouts from the catalog include its tailored coats, sophisticated suits and patterned shirt looks that are a fresh translation of 60s styling. Its visual concept looks to modern art for inspiration and pays homage to such artists as Salvador Dali.
The lookbook takes on a surreal inspiration and features collaged and cut-out imagery within its backdrop. Top model Gustaaf Wassink stars in the black-and-white image series that reveals colored wardrobe selects. This juxtaposition of hues adds to the photoshoot's surrealist theme and allows Carven's fashions to stand out.
Gustaaf Wassink Fronts Carven's Latest Menswear Lookbook
1. Surrealist Fashion - Carven's Fall/Winter 2014 campaign takes inspiration from surrealism, presenting a trend in fashion that combines retro and modern elements.
2. Art-inspired Lookbooks - Using modern art as inspiration, Carven's lookbook demonstrates a trend in fashion photography that incorporates collaged and cut-out imagery.
3. Juxtaposed Hues - The use of contrasting colors in Carven's campaign creates a surreal effect and highlights the trend of playing with color in fashion.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the trend of surrealism and art-inspired lookbooks to create unique and visually captivating campaigns.
2. Photography - The photography industry can adopt the trend of incorporating surreal and artistic elements into their fashion shoots, providing innovative and visually striking images.
3. Graphic Design - The use of collages and cut-outs in Carven's lookbook showcases a trend in graphic design that can be applied to various industries such as advertising and branding, allowing for creative and attention-grabbing visuals.