The Gucci Ultrapace R sneaker is the latest iteration of the Ultrapace model unveiled by the brand for its Fall/Winter 2019 collection that gives the casual footwear style a running-focused overhaul. The sneaker features a lightweight knitted upper fabric that calls to mind classic sportswear design, which is paired with a wire dial closure that's commonly found on trail and hiking shoes. The outsole of the style is transparent to give it a somewhat retro sporty look that will definitely catch eyes when worn on city streets or rural environments.
The Gucci Ultrapace R sneaker is part of the growing prominence of sportswear styles in the high-fashion market as consumers seek to outfit themselves with products ready for athletic endeavors or rural exploration.
The Gucci Ultrapace R Looks Ready for the Gym
1. Sportswear-inspired High-fashion - The trend towards sportswear-inspired high-fashion has increased demand for stylish yet functional products and presents an opportunity for designers to incorporate athletic elements into fashion.
2. Hiking-inspired Footwear - The use of a wire dial closure typically found on hiking shoes in the Gucci Ultrapace R sneaker highlights a growing trend towards incorporating hiking-inspired features into fashion footwear.
3. Transparent Soles - The transparent outsole of the Gucci Ultrapace R sneaker exemplifies a trend towards the use of distinct sole designs as a way of bringing attention to footwear, creating an opportunity for innovative sole designs in footwear.
1. High-fashion - The rise of haute sportswear-inspired footwear reinforces the idea of sportswear as a fashion statement and presents disruptive innovation opportunities for designers to integrate athletic aspects into high-fashion.
2. Athletic Footwear - The Gucci Ultrapace R sneaker's focus on running and sportswear design contributes to the growing market for athletic footwear and allows for the incorporation of unique design elements, creating disruptive innovations in the industry.
3. Hiking & Outdoor Gear - The incorporation of hiking-inspired features in fashion footwear presents the opportunity for hiking and outdoor gear companies to collaborate with fashion brands or release their own stylish designs, disrupting the fashion and hiking/outdoor industries.