Noodles & Company just expanded its menu to include a new Grilled Orange Chicken Lo Mein dish.
The chain's Grilled Orange Chicken Lo Mein is a flavorful dish that starts with lo mein noodles sauteed with Napa cabbage, red cabbage, and snap peas, in a slightly sweet orange sauce. The whole thing is then topped with green onions, black sesame seeds, cilantro, and grilled chicken. Grilled chicken is meant to serve as a lighter alternative to the breaded orange chicken found at many restaurants. Guests also have the option to swap their lo mein noodles with Zoodles (zucchini noodles) for a low-carb option. As Noodles & Company's Executive Chef Nick Graff explains, "The new Grilled Orange Chicken Lo Mein showcases the fresh, tangy flavors true to the original Chinese orange chicken while steering clear of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives."
Image Credit: Noodles & Company.
Noodles & Company Just Introduced New Grilled Orange Chicken Lo Mein
1. Low-carb Options - The popularity of low-carb diets presents an opportunity for restaurants to offer more menu items that cater to customers looking for healthier alternatives.
2. Vegetable-based Noodles - The rise in popularity of vegetable-based noodles, such as zucchini noodles, offers a chance for food companies to create innovative dishes that appeal to health-conscious consumers.
3. Clean Label Movement - With the growing demand for clean and natural ingredients, there is an opportunity for food establishments to create dishes without artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can capitalize on the trend of low-carb options by offering more dishes that cater to health-conscious customers.
2. Food Delivery Services - Food delivery services can partner with restaurants to provide convenient access to vegetable-based noodle dishes, tapping into the demand for healthier meal options.
3. Health Food Stores - Health food stores can expand their offerings by stocking clean label products and promoting dishes that align with the clean label movement.