If you are incredibly skilled at starting off your online searching on one Wikipedia page and then randomly ending up browsing something totally unrelated, then you may want to compete in the Gregory Brothers 'Wikiwars' game.
The Internet-savvy duo, made famous by autotuning Antoine Dobson's news interview into 'The Bed Intruder Song,' have created the game to test one's ability to navigate through a search engine using only related hyperlinks found within the site.
The first round, for example, saw contestants starting off on a page about GIFs and needing to end up at a site about broccolini.
Using only the links found on each page to navigate around the site would certainly be difficult and it not only tests the competitor's ability to problem solve but also their desire to randomly peruse vast quantities of content.
The Gregory Brothers 'Wikiwars' Game Tests Internet Know-How
1. Search Engine Games - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop search engine games that test users' ability to navigate through the internet using only related hyperlinks found within the site.
2. Internet Scavenger Hunts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create internet scavenger hunts that challenge participants to find specific information by following a trail of related hyperlinks.
3. Search Engine Navigation Skills - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer training programs or online courses to improve users' search engine navigation skills using hyperlinks.
1. Gaming - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate search engine games into the gaming industry to engage users in a unique and challenging way.
2. Online Learning - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate search engine navigation training programs into online learning platforms to enhance users' internet search capabilities.
3. Digital Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create marketing campaigns or interactive advertisements that utilize internet scavenger hunts to engage users and promote brands.