A new solar technology startup out of Tel Aviv named GreenSun Energy has developed a panel which can create energy from indirect sunlight. The panels require 80% less silicon, making them much more cost effective, although less energy efficient (for now) than normal solar panels.
The GreenSun creation not only allows for a variety of placement areas for the panels, but the colors make the semi-solar strips more aesthetically pleasing.
Implications - The development of alternative forms of energy has been one of the central issues at the core of the environmental movement. This stems from the over-dependence on oil and the associated carbon emissions. Companies that can find ways to create products that use alternative energy will be poised to attract a growing group of eco-minded individuals.
GreenSun Solar Cells Generate Energy From Indirect Light
1. Indirect Solar Energy - GreenSun Energy has developed a solar panel which can create energy from indirect sunlight.
2. Cost-effective Solar Panels - GreenSun panels use 80% less silicon, making them more cost-effective than traditional solar panels.
3. Aesthetically Pleasing Solar Panels - The colors of the semi-solar strips make them more aesthetically pleasing than traditional solar panels.
1. Renewable Energy - Alternative forms of energy are becoming increasingly important, which makes GreenSun Energy's product ideal for companies in the renewable energy industry looking to provide more sustainable solutions.
2. Architecture and Design - The aesthetically pleasing nature of the semi-solar strips makes them an ideal option for architects and designers looking to incorporate sustainable energy sources into their buildings in a visually appealing way.
3. Home Improvement - The cost-effectiveness of GreenSun's solar panels make them a great option for homeowners looking to incorporate renewable energy sources into their homes without breaking the bank.