The Design Boom ‘Green Earth’ graphic artwork design competition had ‘Green’ as the first theme.
The participants illustrated modes of environmental protection to inspire us to respect and value nature and promote coexistence in a greener world.
I really love the King Kong poster which puts the famous film image into a new context. The giant ape isn’t kidnapping the woman; instead, he is rescuing her from mass a flooding due to global warming.
The second theme for the competition was ‘earth’ and the pitch was to give a green gift at Christmas. The first prize for the Greening project went to designer Ji Yoon Yang from Korea. Her pop-up card is decorative while promoting a cleaner environment; the car encourages you to put your finger print on it to testify you will only drink from mugs, and not paper cups.
I think the alternative Christmas wreath promoting recycling, canvas bags for shopping and bike riding promos are excellent. They were designed by Felicia Lee from Taiwan.
I say: Let’s all join the green wave this Christmas!
Green Earth Winners
1. Eco Graphic Design - Designers are using eco-friendly themes to create graphic designs that promote environmental protection and inspire a greener world.
2. Green Advertising - Companies are using eco-friendly graphic designs to promote their products and services, targeting eco-conscious consumers and driving green consumerism.
3. Art for Social Causes - Graphic designers are creating art that raises awareness of social and environmental issues, promoting conscious consumerism and supporting social causes.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Green graphic design is a trend that can revolutionize the advertising and marketing industry by tapping into eco-conscious consumer demographics.
2. Art and Design - Eco Graphic Design is set to create new opportunities in the Art and Design Industry as graphic designers become more socially and environmentally conscious in their work.
3. Environmental Activism - Eco Graphic Design can support environmental activism by creating graphics that raise awareness of climate change and encourage sustainable practices.