Summer has hit in the UK and to celebrate, Krispy Kreme has created the world's first (living) grass flip flops.
Each green flip flop has over 5,000 blades of grass growing from its sole. If tended to and watered, they will last over four months. Free pairs will be given out to stressed London commuters so they can relax in their own mini-parks, wherever they may be.
Implications - Many individuals today are experiencing a weakening relationship and connection to the great outdoors. As societies around the world continue to urbanize at a fast pace, a desire for an actual connection will only increase. Businesses can benefit tremendously by providing accessible products through which consumers can reconnect with the planet, despite their urban setting.
Grass Flip Flops for Krispy Kreme
1. Green Footwear - Opportunity for companies to create eco-friendly footwear that bring people closer to nature.
2. Urban Nature Products - Potential for businesses to create innovative products that allow urbanites to connect with nature and enjoy green spaces.
3. Sustainable Fashion - Demand for more environmentally conscious fashion products, including footwear, that fit urban lifestyles with a sustainable twist.
1. Footwear - Companies within the footwear industry looking to create innovative, eco-friendly products with sustainable design patterns and using environmentally friendly materials.
2. Eco-tourism - Opportunity for the eco-tourism industry to create products and experiences that allow people to reconnect with the planet while in an urban setting.
3. Sustainable Fashion - Companies within the sustainable fashion industry can create more products that fit the needs of consumers living in urban areas, while also promoting eco-friendly practices.