The new David LaChapelle ad for Boots screams 'gorgeous'. The ad features women performing every day chores while being 'gorgeous'. It's nearly impossible to describe this ad, so you'll have to watch the video. I'm calling it the commercial of Christmas 2006 (even though I haven't seen all the Christmas commercials yet).
Implications - There's no reason why you can't look absolutely 'gorgeous' while performing all the tedious tasks that fill up your day. These ladies prove that while vacuuming, turkey stuffing and even helping out your kids with arts and crafts you can look all done up without any shame. Feel free to dress up and carry on with your busy life.
Boots Ads Scream Gorgeous in Every Day Life
1. Everyday Gorgeous - There is an opportunity for beauty and fashion brands to create products that are designed for everyday use, allowing customers to feel gorgeous while performing their daily tasks.
2. Lifestyle Advertising - There is an opportunity for brands to create advertising that portrays their products being used in everyday life, adding an aspirational quality to everyday tasks.
3. The Beauty of Chores - There is an opportunity for brands to create content that emphasizes how even the most mundane tasks can have a beautiful and rewarding result when done well.
1. Beauty - Beauty brands can create products that are designed to make everyday tasks more glamorous, inspiring customers to use their products more often in their daily life.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the trend of everyday gorgeousness by creating clothing that is both stylish and functional, allowing customers to look good while going about their daily lives.
3. Advertising - Lifestyle advertising is a growing trend that allows brands to showcase their products in a way that is relatable to consumers. Brands can adopt this trend to create advertising that inspires and motivates customers in their everyday lives.