The rumored Google smartwatch is said to be in the works to compete with the Apple iWatch and the Samsung Galaxy Gear.
This watch is essentially a wearable smartphone, as it is supposed to be made with Google Now software. Google Now is basically a virtual assistant and anything you used to access on your phone can now be seen right on your arm. For example, the watch is rumored to display emails and texts, and you can even set alarms for important dates.
The shift to a smartwatch was key for Google, as two huge competitors have already released these watches. The challenge for Google is to make this one even better than the two already existing ones.
Moving data to a watch is convenient for consumers as they no longer have to keep checking their phone every five minutes for updates.
The Google Smartwatch is Rumored to Face-Off Samsung and Apple
1. Wearable Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing more advanced and integrated features in smartwatches to offer consumers a seamless and convenient wearable technology experience.
2. Virtual Assistant - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Enhancing virtual assistant capabilities in smartwatches to enable hands-free access to relevant information and perform tasks on the go.
3. Connected Devices - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the ecosystem of connected devices by integrating smartwatches with smartphones and other IoT devices for seamless connectivity and data transfer.
1. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring the potential of smartwatches to redefine the consumer electronics industry, offering new ways for consumers to interact with technology.
2. Wearable Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging smartwatches to revolutionize the wearable technology industry by creating stylish and functional devices that seamlessly integrate with users' daily lives.
3. Mobile Communication - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Capitalizing on the growing demand for smartwatches to transform the mobile communication industry, enabling users to stay connected and access information on their wrists.