The new Google Latitude has just added a feature which allows you to check into specific places.
One key feature that differentiates Google Latitude with other geo-based leaders like Foursquare is that it checks you out of your location upon leaving, so your friends aren't left guessing if you're still there. With the popularity of location-based apps, it's a surprise that Google has taken this long to add the check-in service, but knowing this search engine leader, its online strategy probably has more cool initiatives up its sleeve.
The New Google Latitude Lets You Check Into Places
1. Location-based Technologies - Expanding on the popularity of location-based apps with added services such as check-in technologies.
2. Real-time Location Management - Providing real-time location data for consumer and business use cases to improve location management and tracking.
3. Geo-targeted Advertising - Using real-time location data to improve targeting of advertisements and promotions to consumers based on their specific location and preferences.
1. Retail - Implementing location-based technologies to improve real-time inventory and supply chain management.
2. Transportation - Utilizing real-time location data to improve fleet management and optimize transportation logistics.
3. Marketing - Leveraging geo-targeted advertising to better target and engage with consumers based on their specific location and behavior.