This shoot by Glen Luchford for Another Magazine proves that brocade isn't just a fabric for uncomfortable furniture and decadent drapes. Model Eniko Mihalik takes to the streets of New York in shimmery fashions from Alexander McQueen, Comme des Garçons and Gucci courtesy of stylist Camille Bidault Waddington.
Check out more images of this layout by Glen Luchford for Another Magazine in the gallery above, and keep clicking for more decadent features.
Implications - In the last few years, there has been an increased importance placed on ad campaigns that look less like glossy, high-fashion marketing pieces and more like candid, gritty real life images. A company would be wise to invest in advertising that features someone enjoying their products on the streets, in a manner similar to the way an average consumer would. The ad creates a subconscious emotional connection between consumer, model, and brand, increasing the chances the consumer will identify with and purchase it.
Glen Luchford Dresses Eniko Mihalik in Decadent Prints for Another Magazine
1. Decadent Fashion - Companies should consider advertising their products in a candid manner, similar to how average consumers would use them, to create a subconscious emotional connection and increase sales.
2. Shimmery Fabrics - There is a growing interest in using unconventional fabrics such as brocade for fashion, representing an opportunity for innovative fabric-makers to boost their sales through collaborations with fashion designers.
3. Gritty Marketing - The trend of using candid and realistic images for ad campaigns will continue to grow, offering an opportunity for disruptive startups to offer innovative marketing strategies to companies.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry should explore the use of unconventional fabrics such as brocade to design new products and appeal to customers.
2. Textiles - The growing interest in unconventional fabrics for fashion, such as brocade, signifies an opportunity for textile companies to collaborate with designers to create new products and increase sales.
3. Marketing - Innovative marketing strategies that incorporate realistic and candid images should be explored by marketing startups aiming to disrupt the traditional advertising industry.