A second or even third look at the latest work of Glen Lewis-Steele won't be enough to fully immerse yourself in each piece. More art than furniture, his designs can be stared at day after day since new angles and lighting expose different perspectives. Glen Lewis-Steele essentially shows the world through his work that furniture may be practical, but it doesn't have to appear that way.
From a hanging light dubbed Lee that looks two dimensional from one side and completely different from another to his Coral lamp that looks like a futuristic weapon stuck in a concrete block similar to Excalibur, Glen Lewis-Steele delves deeply into imagination and creativity when it comes to his designs. Each piece might be artistic, but they all end up serving helpful purposes in the home.
Glen Lewis-Steele Creates Designs that Look More Like Art Pieces
1. Sculptural Furniture - Designers are creating furniture pieces that are more like art pieces than practical furniture, embracing artistic expression in the home decor industry.
2. Multi-use Furniture Pieces - Furniture designers are creating pieces that have both practical and artistic uses, making the furniture functional for everyday use while also adding aesthetic value to a room.
3. Incorporating Futuristic Elements - Designers are experimenting with futuristic, unconventional elements when creating furniture pieces, adding an innovative and edgy dimension to traditional home decor.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture designers have an opportunity to create unique pieces that add artistic flair to a consumer's home decor, while also maintaining functionality and purpose.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can use these sculptural furniture pieces as statement pieces to create unique, visually appealing rooms for their clients.
3. Fine Art - Artists can explore the world of sculptural furniture as a medium to combine their artwork with functionality, bridging the gap between fine art and home decor.