Genecis is made up of a team of talented individuals that specialize in a special patented technology that converts food waste into high-performance biodegradable plastics and other valuable materials. This eco-friendly creation contributes to creating a circular economy with the capability of turning the landfill into materials of value.
The mission at Genecis is to drive the world towards a circular economy where large global brands use PHA plastics to create packaging, textiles, agriculture, and food services. With this effort, there is the opportunity to reduce 18 billion pounds of plastic from entering and polluting the ocean on an annual basis. The PHBV Plastic by Genecis has the same elements of traditional oil plastics without the costs of the environment.
Image Credit: Genecis
The Team at Genecis Creates High Performance Bioplastics
1. Circular Economy in Plastics - There is an opportunity to create a circular economy in the plastics industry by utilizing biodegradable plastics made from food waste, reducing waste and pollution.
2. Bioplastics for Large Global Brands - Large global brands can use PHA plastics to create packaging, textiles, agriculture, and food services, driving demand and growth for bioplastics.
3. Reduction in Plastic Pollution - Using biodegradable PHBV plastic by Genecis could potentially reduce 18 billion pounds of plastic from polluting the ocean each year.
1. Plastics Manufacturing - The plastics manufacturing industry has an opportunity to shift towards circular economy practices and adopt biodegradable plastics made from food waste.
2. Packaging - The packaging industry can benefit from adopting bioplastics made from food waste, providing a sustainable and eco-friendly packaging alternative.
3. Agriculture - Agriculture can utilize biodegradable plastics made from food waste in farming practices, reducing plastic waste and pollution in farming communities.