It's not even May, but New York City's Amorino is already serving up the hippest dessert of summer 2019: gelato burgers.
While the idea of a gelato burger may sound unusual, the treat is actually more dessert than a meal. The whole thing starts with two scoops of gelato, which are then sandwiched between two fluffy chocolate buns. Customers can also add their choice of dark chocolate, pistachio, or chocolate-hazelnut sauce. The treat is the work of the gelato enthusiasts at Amorino, which is a popular New York City ice cream chain with locations in Times Square and on the Upper West Side.
While it may be on the messy side, these gelato burgers are the ultimate way to cool off on a hot summer day.
Image Credit: Amorino.
Amorino is Serving Up a Gelato Burgers with Chocolate Buns
1. Gelato Burgers - Combining dessert and main course is an emerging trend and could be explored further in the food industry.
2. Non-traditional Desserts - Creating desserts that deviate from the classic norms, like using buns instead of cones, could be a trend in the dessert industry.
3. Unconventional Flavor Combinations - Experimenting with unusual flavor combinations in desserts could become a trend and can be expanded to other food industries as well.
1. Dessert - The dessert industry can explore using unconventional ingredients and combinations to create new dessert experiences.
2. Fast Food - Fast food chains can experiment with dessert options that can attract more customers and differentiate them from competitors.
3. Restaurants - Restaurants can explore using non-traditional desserts and combining traditional main courses and desserts to create unique dining experiences.