The beauty looks featured in the photo series titled Gaze by Amani Faiz, a photographer based in Sydney, Australia, could easily have been inspired by Natalie Portman's portrayal of Padme Amidala in 'Star Wars.' Nevertheless the ornate headpieces and clown-like face paint can also be likened to the Aztecs.
Starring model Ebony, Gaze by Amani Faiz may feature makeup and styling that is fit for a sci-fi flick, but they are subtle enough that any woman could adopt them, or pieces of them, without standing out too much. Those who find themselves interested can thank beauty artist Nicola Johnson, since she worked on both the hair and the makeup. The lacy black and gold aluminum headpieces were designed by Suzy O’Rourke.
Gaze by Amani Faiz Channels 'Star Wars' Character Padme Amidala
1. Sci-fi Princess Beauty Looks - Innovative beauty designs inspired by sci-fi and fantasy characters, which can be tailored for everyday use.
2. Clown-like Face Paint - Reviving clown-like face paint for beauty and costume for unique and edgy looks.
3. Ornate Headpieces - Trend toward detailed headpieces, inspired by Aztec and other historical art forms, for a unique and striking look.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - Opportunity for collaboration between photographers, makeup artists and hair stylists to create innovative beauty trends using sci-fi and fantasy-inspired designs.
2. Fashion - Collaboration between jewelry and fashion designers with artists to create costume and fashion pieces inspired by ornate headpieces.
3. Photography and Film - Opportunity for photographers and filmmakers to create sci-fi and fantasy-inspired photo series and films featuring unique and edgy beauty and costume designs.