For this year's holiday season, Target is selling fun and festive variations on the Game of Thrones shirts that are sported by fans throughout the year. While there's plenty of all-season Game of Thrones apparel adorned with references to Westeros and its many characters, Target's Game of Thrones-themed sweaters integrate holiday motifs.
Some of the collectible sweaters that are up for sale ahead of Christmas include images of the Night King, text that reads "Ho Ho Hodor" and festively colored Game of Thrones house symbols.
As these sweaters are being released ahead of the HBO series' final season, which is set to air in 2019, one design is emblazoned with text that reads "Tis the Last Season."
Target's Game of Thrones Shirts Put a Seasonal Spin on the HBO Series
1. Holiday Themed Apparel - Creating holiday-themed variations of popular clothing items can increase sales and engage customers during the holiday season.
2. Nostalgic Pop Culture Merchandise - Combining popular media franchises with traditional holiday themes can attract fans and collectors.
3. Series Finale Merchandise - As a TV series comes to a close, releasing limited edition and seasonal merchandise can create a sense of urgency among fans to buy.
1. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on popular culture trends by creating holiday-themed variations of existing merchandise.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can release limited edition and seasonal merchandise in conjunction with the release of a popular TV series.
3. Fashion - Fashion brands could explore the possibilities of incorporating popular culture references into their designs and create seasonal clothing items.