French fashion label FUTUR recently introduced its latest collection for the Spring/Summer 2019 season, showcased with a lookbook that shot in Paris. It surrounds the bright city of lights, staying true to its roots for the label's 5th anniversary this year.
The series of streetwear designs were created with inspiration drawn from skateboarding culture. To capture the pieces, FUTUR drew in the talents of Quentin de Briey -- he was a pro skateboarder who is now a photographer. The silhouettes feature tees, sweaters, pants, jackets, and a series of accessories, done up in a color palette of blue, yellow, red, black, white, and gray. Some of the details include color blocking accents and printed graphics such as a television or a duck.
Image Credit: Quentin de Briey
FUTUR Prepares for SS19 With a Capsule of Clean Streetwear Designs
1. Skate Culture-inspired Apparel - The trend of fashion labels incorporating skateboarding culture into their apparel could disrupt the traditional streetwear market.
2. Color-blocked Designs - The trend of incorporating color-blocking techniques into streetwear designs has the potential to shake up the fashion industry's use of solid colors.
3. Incorporation of Skaters as Photographers - The trend of using former pro skateboarders as photographers for fashion shoots offers an opportunity for disruptive innovation in both the fashion and skateboarding industries.
1. Fashion - FUTUR's skate culture-inspired collection offers an opportunity for disruptive innovation within the streetwear market.
2. Skateboarding - The use of former pro skaters as photographers for fashion shoots could bring innovative collaboration opportunities between the fashion and skate industries.
3. Photography - The trend of incorporating skaters into fashion photography presents an opportunity to disrupt traditional fashion photography industry practices.