The fruit lassi is a traditional yogurt-based drink from India that is now being reinvented by New York-based Monsieur Singh.
Rather than offering is Mango, Honey Lemon and Pineapple Banana Lassi products as beverages, Monsieur Singh blends them into frozen formats that are packaged into pints and push pops. Branding from Monsieur Singh plays up the fact that "yogurt hates lassi," since "lassi is yogurt made healthier." This is especially true since lassi is often enriched with beneficial herbs and spices from the tradition of Ayurvedic medicine.
Rather than being made with sugar and fruits, lassi drinks are also sometimes made in salty, savory varieties that include spices. This creates plenty of opportunity for the brand to explore these flavors as well.
Monsieur Singh Reimagines Fruit Lassi Drinks in a Frozen Format
1. Frozen Lassi Desserts - The reinvention of traditional fruit lassi drinks in frozen formats creates a new dessert trend.
2. Packaged Lassi Push Pops - The packaging of frozen lassi drinks in push pops offers a new and convenient way to enjoy the unique flavor and health benefits of the drink.
3. Savory Lassi Flavors - Exploring the possibility of creating frozen savory lassi flavors offers a new opportunity for Monsieur Singh and other brands in this space.
1. Frozen Desserts - As frozen lassi drinks continue to grow in popularity, the frozen desserts industry can capitalize on the trend by expanding their product offerings to include more ethnic-inspired flavors.
2. Packaged Foods - The rise of packaged frozen lassi drinks in push pops provides an opportunity for the packaged food industry to develop more convenient, on-the-go options for health-conscious consumers.
3. Functional Beverages - The health benefits of traditional lassi drinks enriched with Ayurvedic herbs and spices offer an opportunity for a wider range of functional beverage brands to explore incorporating similar ingredients in their products.