Frönen is a brand that creates dairy-free and gluten-free ice cream, started by undergrads at the University of Chicago, Jessy Gartenstein and Erik Nadeau. The duo wanted to create products that are sensitive to dairy as Jessy was diagnosed with celiac disease when she was 13. She soon found that products upset her stomach due to the refined sugar and artificial ingredients.
Frönen combats that with a creamy texture made from only a few ingredients for transparency and simplicity. Previously, the brand created 5-ingredient ice creams with the flavors of chocolate, vanilla, and cinnamon. Later, the introduction of strawberry and banana coconut was introduced -- respectively, both are made with only four ingredients. The strawberry flavor is made from strawberry, banana, coconut cream, and honey. The banana coconut flavor is made from water, banana, coconut cream, and honey.
Image Credit: Frönen
Frönen's Ice Cream is Free of Dairy and Has a Very Simple Recipe
1. Dairy-free Desserts - Opportunity for brands to create dairy-free alternatives to traditional desserts.
2. Minimal Ingredient Foods - Potential for food companies to develop products with simple and transparent ingredient lists.
3. Gluten-free Options - Demand for gluten-free alternatives in the food industry presents an opportunity for businesses to cater to this market segment.
1. Ice Cream - Ice cream manufacturers can explore the creation of dairy-free and gluten-free options.
2. Health Food - The health food industry can benefit from offering minimal ingredient and gluten-free products.
3. Celiac-friendly Foods - Celiac-friendly food producers have the potential to meet the demand for gluten-free and minimal ingredient foods.