Many music sites have tried to turn music streaming into a social affair, but they've done so as a secondary feature on top of a preexisting platform; Audiogum's 'Friend Mix' is a system that's solely designed to let groups of friends share music with one another and discover music organically.
The Friend Mix platform tailors the choices for any given playlist to the tastes of the users therein. When a user constructs a playlist, they add in their friends' profiles on Tidal. The platform then analyzes all the users' tastes and helps to pick out genres, artists, and songs that seem fitting. The result is a playlist that satisfies the tastes of every user while giving all the other users a chance to listen to music that they might not normally encounter.
Audiogum's Friend Mix is a Convenient Way to Create Playlists with Friends
1. Social Music Collaboration - Opportunity for a platform dedicated to collaborative music creation and playlist sharing among friends.
2. Personalized Playlist Curation - Potential for a service that uses user profile data to curate personalized playlists based on the tastes of multiple individuals.
3. Organic Music Discovery - Room for innovation in creating platforms that facilitate organic music discovery through shared playlists among friends.
1. Music Streaming - Disruptive opportunity for music streaming platforms to integrate dedicated collaborative playlist features.
2. Social Networking - Potential for social networking platforms to expand their offerings and incorporate music collaboration and playlist sharing functionalities.
3. Data Analytics - Opportunity for data analytics companies to develop algorithms that analyze user profiles to curate personalized playlists for groups of friends.