Lyft is bringing back its promotion that provides free voter rides to anyone participating in the 2020 United States election. The feature is part of Lyft’s Voting Access Program, which intends to make free rides to polling stations accessible. In order to launch the free voter rides promotion, Lyft also partnered with a number of different organizations including the League of Women Voters, as well as the National Urban League, and the Voto Latino Foundation.
The promotion could resonate with consumers, as it could making voting accessible to all people. Additionally, Lyft also stated it will look to further improve access to voting latter in 2020, and the organization will also look at how it can improve other areas of civic participation.
Image Credit: Lyft
Lyft Offers Free Voter Rides for the 2020 United States Election
1. Ride-hailing Voting Promotions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding voter accessibility by providing free rides to polling stations through ride-hailing services.
2. Voting Access Programs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partnering with organizations and companies to implement programs that provide free rides and improve access to voting.
3. Civic Participation Improvements - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing ways to enhance civic engagement beyond voting through innovative solutions and partnerships.
1. Ride-hailing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging existing ride-hailing platforms to provide free rides for voters and increase their participation in elections.
2. Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with transportation companies to create initiatives that offer free or discounted rides to polling stations during elections.
3. Civic Engagement - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Working with civic organizations and government bodies to develop initiatives that promote and improve civic participation, including voting.