This Tottenham Hotspur football stadium design was created by sports architecture firm Populous and it features a retractable pitch to accommodate for British and American-styled football. The stadium will host two American football games each season, which is why the retractable pitch was necessary.
The stadium is a doughnut shape including the hole in the center of the pitch to allow air circulation and natural lighting. It can seat an impressive 61,000 guests.
The stadium's main focus will be on the football games but it also incorporates tourism facilities as well. These features include a hotel that will have 180 rooms, a visitors center, cafes, clubs and an interactive museum. Another great facility at the football stadium will be the outdoor courtyard, which will be open to the public on a regular basis.
This Football Stadium Has a Retractable Pitch to Accommodate the UK & US
1. Retractable Stadiums - More stadiums with retractable pitches will be built to accommodate multiple sports.
2. Innovative Stadium Designs - New stadiums will be built with unique and innovative designs to accommodate new sports and improved customer experience.
3. Multifunctional Stadiums - Stadiums will offer more than just sporting events, including tourism facilities and public spaces.
1. Sports Architecture - Opportunity for sports architecture firms to design and build more innovative and unique stadiums.
2. Tourism - Football stadiums will become more popular tourist destinations due to the incorporation of tourism facilities.
3. Hospitality - Opportunity for the hospitality industry to take advantage of the incorporation of hotels and cafes within these new stadiums.