Designer Elia Marinucci's KICK IT elevates the popular game of foosball into the next level with the use of magnets, audio commentary, and electric shocks (OUCH!) The modifications give the players the means for deeper intervention and control of the game. Each end of the table has a button that activates magnets along the field, which changes the magnetic ball's path. Corner pinball bumpers knock the ball around and the final super move is the KICK IT! which generates an electric pulse if you manage to knock your ball hard across the field.
1. Electrified Gaming - The use of electric shocks in gaming presents opportunities for designing more interactive games that blur the line between virtual and reality.
2. Magnetically Enhanced Gameplay - The use of magnets in foosball presents opportunities for creating new tabletop games that incorporate magnetism for deeper player participation.
3. Audio-enabled Gaming - Incorporating audio commentary in gaming is an opportunity for enhancing the immersive experience and increasing the engagement of players.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The use of magnets and electric shocks in gaming presents opportunities for toy manufacturers to design new interactive and engaging tabletop toys.
2. Gaming Industry - Incorporating magnetic fields and electric shocks in gaming presents opportunities for the gaming industry to create new thrilling interactive games for gamers.
3. Sports Equipment Manufacturing - The use of magnets and pinball bumpers in foosball presents opportunities for manufacturers of sports equipment to design new, dynamic foosball tables with unique features.