There aren't a whole lot of ways to describe the look of these speakers other than to say they look like foghorns mounted on top of some old school speaker boxes. The $27,270+ price tag on these foghorn-style speakers, however, suggests that they are something more.
The duo G2, duo omega G2, and the uno G2 were a collaborative effort between Teac Corporation and German manufacturer Avantgarde Accoustics, which may very well explain their postmodern appearance.
Implications - Despite their retro style, these new, unique speakers are state of the art and have the price tags to match. Each of the companies releasing these speakers have strived to achieve the balance between vintage style and modern technology that is so often seen in decorative technology of today.
Teac and Avantgarde Make Postmodern Speakers
1. Foghorn-style Speakers - The postmodern appearance of foghorn-style speakers creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the audio industry.
2. Vintage Style Technology - The balance between vintage style and modern technology in decorative technology offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
3. Collaborative Manufacturing - The collaborative effort between Teac Corporation and Avantgarde Accoustics in creating foghorn-style speakers showcases opportunities for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing industry.
1. Audio - The development of foghorn-style speakers presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the audio industry, combining unique design and state-of-the-art technology.
2. Consumer Electronics - The integration of vintage style and modern technology in decorative technology opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the consumer electronics industry.
3. Manufacturing - The collaboration between Teac Corporation and Avantgarde Accoustics for foghorn-style speakers demonstrates disruptive innovation possibilities in the manufacturing industry with unique design approaches.