The ABB Flexpicker robot stacks up to 400 pre-made pancakes a minute. ABB points out a new buffering feature that lets the robot adapt to inconsistent pancake flow by keeping a reserve, which is nifty to watch. According to HoneyTop Pancakes, who switched to the Flexpicker robots as a cost savings measure, the Flexpicker robot has, “enabled us to absorb a number of overheads.”
Apparently, the Flexpicker robot is the world’s fastest industrial robot and it’s not limited to pancakes. The Flexpicker is also used to sort all kinds of foodstuffs like sausages, muffins and croissants.
The Flexpicker Robot Can Pile 400 Pancakes a Minute
1. Fast Food Stacking Automation - Opportunity to automate and speed up food stacking processes using robotics.
2. Buffering Automation - Opportunity to implement buffering features in automation to adapt to uneven product flow and improve efficiency.
3. Multipurpose Food Sorting Robots - Opportunity to develop robotic systems for sorting different types of foodstuffs, improving consistency and speed.
1. Food Processing and Packaging - Opportunity to integrate automation and robotics into food processing and packaging for improved efficiency.
2. Manufacturing and Production - Opportunity to implement robotic systems to speed up production lines and reduce overhead costs.
3. Logistics and Warehousing - Opportunity to use robotics for sorting and processing foodstuffs in logistics and warehousing operations for more efficient handling.