If you love Flamin Hot Cheetos, enjoy eating bagels and live in the Buffalo area of New York, you have a ten year old to thank. A young girl standing outside the BreadHive Co-Operative Bakery suggested putting the snack on top of a bagel to the bakery's owners. Allison Ewing took her up on her suggestion, creating the first Flamin Hot Bagels.
The spicy bread is made by crushing up a bag of the raucously red Flamin Hot Cheetos and dipping ready-to-bake bagels in them. This replaces BreadHive's standard toppings like organic garlic. The cheesy crumbs will stay crispy for a while, and if the texture needs to be adjusted they can become crisp again by reheating.
BreadHive Co-Operative Bakery's Newest Flavor Uses Flamin Hot Cheetos
1. Spicy Crossover Foods - Mixing spicy snack foods with traditional foods is a disruptive innovation opportunity for creative culinary professionals.
2. Customer-driven Flavor Innovation - Actively seeking out and leveraging customer feedback for new, unique flavor profiles is a disruptive innovation opportunity for food businesses.
3. Novel Toppings - Incorporating new, innovative toppings for existing foods can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for food businesses.
1. Baked Goods - The bakery industry can harness the disruptive innovation opportunity presented by BreadHive Co-Operative's Flamin Hot Bagels to create unique new products.
2. Snack Foods - Snack food manufacturers can innovate by developing new snack foods inspired by BreadHive Co-Operative's Flamin Hot Bagels.
3. Street Food - Street food vendors can take advantage of the disruptive innovation opportunities presented by BreadHive Co-Operative's Flamin Hot Bagels to create new and exciting offerings for their customers.