'Firstcall' is a cute and eye-popping chair developed by Dutch designer Ruud Van de Wier for EASY Noise Control, a company specializing in sound insulation and acoustics solutions.
The chair is shaped like a phone -- a good old-fashioned telephone that is not a sleek smartphone. The seating surface is flat, while the backrest is set at a slight incline. What gives the chair its phone-like shape however, is the half-donut shape of the chair's support.
When sitting in the chair, surrounding noise is muted, allowing the user to enjoy a quiet space in which to relax, make phone calls or work without being distracted by the hustle and bustle of the surrounding environment.
Firstcall is offered in 32 different colors and can even be ordered in two-color configurations.
Photo Credits: designboom, ruwinterieurarchitectuur.nl
The 'Firstcall Chair' Offers Comfort and Privacy in a Cute Curvy Design
1. Acoustic Furniture - Designing furniture with sound insulation and acoustic solutions creates an opportunity for a new market in office and home furniture.
2. Innovative Office Furniture - The trend of introducing a playful design language that aims to promote comfort and relaxation can shake up the traditional office furniture market.
3. Privacy-focused Furniture - A new category of innovative furniture targeted for personal phone calls could be the opportunity for a startup or an existing furniture company looking to disrupt the privacy-focused furniture market.
1. Office Furniture - The traditional way of designing office furniture can be disrupted by introducing playful, innovative designs catered towards comfort and productivity.
2. Home Furniture - The amalgamation of acoustics and furniture design together provides an opportunity to innovate a new category in home furniture market.
3. Sound Insulation and Acoustics Solutions - Expanding the sound insulation and acoustics solutions to furniture provides an opportunity to tap into the furniture industry.