It doesn't matter if a person is a seasoned tree climber or completely new to the activity, the initial limb hoisting them up to the rest of the branches can often seem as far away as the top of Mt. Everest; the First Branch helps to solve that little problem. It essentially is a removable footrest that wraps around the trunk of a tree, effectively shortening the distance between the first branch and the ground.
Designed by JAILmake, the First Branch's foothold is made out of English Oak wood and finished with a ratchet strap cotton. It packs down enough to fit into a small bag, which is convenient when toting it to the park. Made in South London, the First Branch comes in a screen-printed canvas bag.
JAILmake's First Branch Shortens Distance Between Initial Limb and Ground
1. Portable Tree-climbing Gear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop lightweight and compact tools for tree climbers that can be easily carried and used on-the-go.
2. Efficient Tree Climbing Equipment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative gear that improves the efficiency and safety of tree climbing activities.
3. Sustainable Tree-climbing Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design eco-friendly tools and equipment for tree climbers, considering the environmental impact of their activities.
1. Outdoor Recreation Equipment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce advanced tools and gear specifically tailored for tree climbers in the outdoor recreation market.
2. Adventure Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with adventure tourism operators to develop specialized tree climbing experiences with state-of-the-art equipment.
3. Woodworking and Crafts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships with woodworking and crafts companies to create custom-made tree-climbing accessories and gear.