The creators of the classic puzzle game Myst have taken to Kickstarter to introduce their new virtual reality puzzle game, Firmament. The new game is being touted as a "next-generation narrative adventure" that's rooted in the spirit of previous games like Myst.
Although there are few details that are being shared on the game, it has been revealed that players will go on their virtual journey alongside a clockwork companion that provides assistance along the way. Although the companion doesn't speak, it is said to understand one's hand gestures and interact accordingly. As such, Firmament allows players to develop a unique way of communicating with the companion to solve problems as they are presented.
For the crowdfunding campaign, Firmament is looking to raise $1,285,000 and early supporters who contribute $30 or more are eligible to receive a digital download of the game.
The Creators of Myst are Launching a Next-Gen Game Called 'Firmament'
1. VR Puzzle Games - Virtual reality technology provides a new platform for puzzle game innovation.
2. Next-gen Narrative Adventure - The integration of a compelling and immersive storyline is becoming an increasingly important aspect of gaming design.
3. Interactive Companions - Creating AI companions that understand hand gestures provides a new avenue for player communication and engagement.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can capitalize on VR technology and immersive storytelling to create engaging puzzle games.
2. AI and Robotics - The development of interactive companions in gaming presents opportunities for innovation in AI and robotics.
3. Crowdfunding - Crowdfunding continues to be a viable option for financing unique and interesting gaming projects like Firmament.