The Filomena Wall Lamp makes interesting use of the light's cord. While most people would try to hide their cords to create a cleaner look, those who own one of these light fixtures will be doing something all together different. Essentially, the cord takes on the silhouette of a traditional lamp. Three to be exact: table, task and abat-jour lamps.
Designed by nadlab, an Italian design firm founded by two friends craftsman decorator Lapo De Vita and industrial designer Claudio Mochi, the Filomena Wall Lamp is modern, funky and playful. Perfect for various settings including the office, bedroom and living area, the Filomena Wall Lamp is mounted on a thin sheet of CNC-milled PMMA (polymethacrylate) frame. The cords can be swapped out as they are sold separately and come in various colors.
The Filomena Wall Lamp is Vibrantly Funky and Modern
1. Cord-made Lighting - Opportunity for designing lighting fixtures that creatively incorporate cords as part of the aesthetic appeal.
2. Silhouette-inspired Lamps - Potential for creating lamp designs that mimic the shape and form of traditional table, task, and abat-jour lamps using modern materials.
3. Customizable Cord Colors - Market gap for offering light fixture cords in a range of colors for consumers to swap out and personalize their lighting.
1. Lighting Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity for designers to explore unique ways of incorporating cords into lighting fixtures, creating visually striking pieces.
2. Interior Design - Potential for interior designers to utilize silhouette-inspired lamps to add a modern and playful touch to various spaces, such as offices, bedrooms, and living areas.
3. Home Decor Retail - Opportunity for retailers to tap into the customizable lighting trend by offering a variety of cord colors, allowing customers to personalize their lighting fixtures.