In a fierce athletics-inspired photoshoot, featuring Golden State Warriors guard Nick Young and professional model Karlie Kloss, adidas unveiled its upcoming Winter 2018 collaboration with Reigning Champ.
According to Highsnobiety, the collection is rumored to be progressive "in both textile development and garment construction." While the griddled jacquard hoodie and bomber are highlighted in the fierce athletics editorial because they boast a complex weaving technique with Coolmax (a cooling performance yarn), the new silhouette of the Ultra Boost ATR sneaker has a high collar, energy-returning midsoles and is made for tough conditions.
The adidas Athletics and Reigning Champ collaboration definitely puts high performance, comfort and durability on the forefront, while also appealing to the more fashion-forward athlete with clean, well-tailored and elegant silhouettes.
Adidas' Reigning Champ Collab Stars Karlie Kloss
1. Progressive Textile Development - This collaboration showcases the trend of pushing textile development boundaries and offers opportunities for innovation in advanced fabric technologies.
2. Fashion-forward Athleticwear - The combination of high performance and fashion-forward design in this collaboration opens up possibilities for disrupting the athletic apparel industry and appealing to style-conscious athletes.
3. Functional Footwear for Tough Conditions - The design of the Ultra Boost ATR sneaker highlights the trend of creating footwear that is not only stylish but also durable and suitable for challenging environments, presenting potential for innovative advancements in rugged footwear.
1. Textile Development - Companies in the textile industry can explore opportunities for disruptive innovation by pushing the limits of fabric technology and developing advanced textile materials.
2. Athletic Apparel - The fusion of performance and fashionable design in this collaboration presents a chance for athletic apparel brands to disrupt the industry by creating trendy yet functional clothing for style-conscious athletes.
3. Footwear - Footwear companies can find disruptive innovation opportunities by creating stylish and durable shoes that are specifically designed for tough conditions, catering to athletes who require both performance and resilience.