Field Watches are often overlooked by timepiece enthusiasts but those who prefer a rugged and compact timepiece should definitely consider this style as it is often perfect for EDC. Blending function and form is key to any field watch and few manage to accomplish this in as elegant a way as the Lightwell watch. Designed by Centric Instruments, this EDC timepiece offers high performance in a low-maintenance package.
At first glance, the Lightwell appears to be a common field watch, but with a few modern twists. The case comes in at 38mm and is comprised of 316L brushed stainless steel. The dial is protected by a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and a unique outer ring gives the face a depth of field view.
The internal movement of the Lightwell differs from most field watches as it utilizes solar power instead of a battery. A single minute in the sun can power the watch for a full day, while a full charge keeps the movement running for a full six months.
The Lightwell Field Watch Features a Unique Solar-Powered Movement
1. Rugged EDC Watches - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the field of timepieces that blend ruggedness and style for everyday carry.
2. Solar-powered Movements - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the watch industry by utilizing solar power as an alternative to traditional batteries.
3. Scratch-resistant Materials - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the materials industry by developing more durable and scratch-resistant materials for watch crystals.
1. Watchmaking - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing field watches that offer high performance in low-maintenance packages.
2. Renewable Energy - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the renewable energy industry by incorporating solar-powered movements into various products and devices.
3. Materials Science - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the materials science industry by creating more durable and scratch-resistant materials for various applications.