It's hard to believe that any car could fetch as much as $16 million at auction, but that's exactly what the Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa did, shattering a new world record.
Ironically, the record that the Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa beat for the record was another Testa Rossa, the 1957 edition which went for $12.1 million. One of the major reasons the Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa was able to break the record was that it was the original Testa Rossa, a prototype that became one of the most successful sports cars in history.
Ferrari is one of the biggest luxury car brands in the world, and the Testa Rossa (Italian for "red head") may be world's most exclusive cars -- only 34 are in existence.
Click through our gallery to get a glimpse at genuine auto history.
The Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa is a Record-Setting Car
1. Luxury Car Collectibles - The increasing demand for exclusive and rare luxury cars presents an opportunity for business professionals to explore the market of luxury car collectibles.
2. Record-breaking Auctions - The rise of record-breaking car auctions creates an opportunity for business professionals in the auction industry to capitalize on the demand for rare and valuable automobiles.
3. Historic Car Prototypes - The interest in historic car prototypes like the Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa opens up opportunities for professionals in the restoration and preservation industry to offer their expertise.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can benefit from the trend of luxury car collectibles by offering exclusive limited-edition vehicles to cater to the growing market.
2. Auction - The auction industry can leverage the trend of record-breaking car auctions by attracting high-end car collectors and enthusiasts to participate in their events.
3. Restoration and Preservation - The restoration and preservation industry can provide their services to individuals and organizations interested in owning and maintaining historic car prototypes like the Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa.