Created by blogger Introverted Wife, the FemShep Barbie doll doesn't focus so much on glitz and glamour, but rather on the need to save earth from an invading alien army. With her badass armor, assault rifle and futuristic Omni-tool, Ken better step aside and listen to what he's told if he knows what's good for him.
The doll is based on the female Commander Sheppard character from the popular Mass Effect video game. The fan-made figurine took over two weeks to create, handcrafting all of FemShep's custom gear and new-age hair style. For all the girls out there who are tired of pink, this Barbie action doll is for them. With her fiery red hair and action-ready gusto, this model heroine will make GI Joe shake in his boots.
The FemShep Figurine Puts GI Joe To Shame With Her Action-Ready Gusto
1. Fan-made Action Dolls - Opportunity for toy manufacturers to develop pre-made action dolls inspired by popular video games, movies, and TV shows.
2. Gender-inclusive Toy Lines - Opportunity for toy manufacturers to create toy lines that are less gender-specific and more adventurous.
3. Retro-futuristic Styles - Opportunity for clothing and accessory manufacturers to incorporate futuristic elements into vintage designs.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Industry that can capitalize on new and creative toy designs.
2. Gender-inclusive Fashion - Industry that can create clothing and accessories that cater to a less gender-specific audience.
3. Video Game Industry - Industry that can expand merchandise lines beyond traditional collectibles.