Felsineo, Italy's leading mortadella meat brand, is now launching a new venture called 'Felsineo Veg' that introduces six plant-based vegan deli slices.
Rising demands for plant-based goods in different regions around the world have caused some brands that produce meat and animal products to see significantly reduced sales. As Felsineo president Andrea Raimondi notes: "It is an incontrovertible fact that the number of consumers choosing vegetarian and vegan [products] is growing."
With its vegan cold cuts, Felsineo Veg is introducing what it calls "Mopur," which is a combination of fermented flours and legumes. While Felsineo Veg's Lupins & Mopur product is touted as "the most savory" option, the Black Pepper & Mopur is identified as "the most fiery." In the collection of plant-based deli meats there is also a premium Truffle & Mopur product that targets the consumer of vegan luxury foods.
Image Credit: Felsineo Veg
Felsineo, the Leading Italian Meat Brand is Launching 'Felsineo Veg'
1. Plant-based Deli Meats - The rising demand for plant-based foods creates a disruptive opportunity for meat companies to introduce new plant-based products.
2. Fermented Flours and Legumes - Innovations that maximize the use of fermented flours and legumes in plant-based products can be disruptive in the vegan food industry.
3. Luxury Vegan Foods - There is a potential market for premium plant-based products targeted to consumers who value luxury and sustainability.
1. Meat - Meat companies can explore the plant-based market and use ingredients like fermented flours and legumes to create new plant-based products.
2. Vegan Food - Vegan food companies can explore premium markets by developing luxury plant-based products for consumers who value sustainability and ethical food choices.
3. Fermentation - Fermentation technology companies can develop cost-effective solutions for creating plant-based meats using fermented flours and legumes.