Giant aquatic creatures from the deep, snaking robots made from watches and one man submarines were among many other things never before seen on the catwalk, that stunned the audience in Florence, Italy last week as Diesel presented their show for the Spring Summer 2008 collection. The 'liquid space' concept for the collection was radically brought to life during the 17 minute show, which is the first time that holograms have been projected along a traditional catwalk, being visible from both sides, and the first to combine both real and holographic models in a fashion show. Alexander McQueen used a holographic effect Kate Moss last year at the end of the show, but here the show was entirely built around the holograms and certainly seems to have taken the concept of the fashion show to a new level. Check out the part where a shoal of fish tranforms itself into a model - this got one of the biggest reactions from the crowd! I found this link with more images, and you can watch the YouTube video below.
1. Holographic Fashion Shows - Fashion shows that utilize holographic technology to bring designs to life offer an opportunity for fashion brands to create unique and immersive experiences for their audiences.
2. Combining Real and Holographic Models - The use of both real and holographic models in fashion shows can create a more dynamic and visually striking presentation of a brand's collection.
3. Innovative Catwalk Concepts - Exploring new and innovative ways to showcase fashion designs on the catwalk can create buzz and leave a lasting impression on audience members.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can incorporate holographic technology and innovative catwalk concepts to disrupt the traditional runway show and capture audience attention.
2. Technology - The development and implementation of holographic technology for fashion shows offers opportunities for growth and expansion in the technology industry.
3. Entertainment - The use of holographic technology in fashion shows blurs the lines between fashion and entertainment and offers new possibilities for the entertainment industry to incorporate fashion in immersive experiences.