Even if you haven’t seen Alfred Hitchcock’s famous movie “Psycho” you’ve surely seen the famous photograph of the terrified hotel-patron screaming in the shower.
Other famous cinema shots can be seen from the Stephen King thriller “The Shinning,” where a psychotically-possessed Jack Nicholson beats the hell out of a door with an axe, and Forrest Gump, sitting on a park bench in his white suit with a box of chocolates.
Recreating these famous cinema shots has become a favorite past-time for ordinary people.
Browse through the gallery of re-created famous cinema shots; they are actually pretty clever. Can you name all the films?
Ordinary People Re-Enact Famous Cinema Shots
1. Recreating Famous Cinema Shots - With the rise of social media and the desire for viral content, recreating famous cinema shots has become a popular trend among everyday people, providing opportunities for brands to leverage user-generated content.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - The popularity of recreating iconic cinema moments showcases a desire for nostalgia amongst consumers and presents an opportunity for brands to tap into this trend through nostalgia marketing campaigns.
3. DIY Filmmaking - Recreating famous cinema scenes requires a certain level of DIY filmmaking skills, highlighting a potential opportunity for educational platforms, workshops or classes to teach and monetize these skills.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can benefit from this trend by using it as a promotional tool, getting involved with the social media trend and encouraging the public to recreate iconic moments from their shows or movies.
2. Consumer Goods - Companies can leverage this trend to create marketing campaigns that tap into nostalgia, creating tie-in products inspired by iconic movies or series.
3. Education - Companies or individuals can take advantage of the DIY filmmaking aspect of this trend, developing educational materials or workshops that teach people how to recreate famous cinema shots or other film-related skills.