Emma Leth is a model and aspiring filmmaker, who extends wondrous narratives to her home with an inspired fairytale interior design. Currently working on a movie about a woman in a house, her "cabinet-of-curiosities type flat" in Copenhagen certainly extends storytelling into the real world.
Living with her one year-old son Abel and her artist fiancé Tal R, there is never a dull moment in the whimsical household. The fairytale interior design is overloaded by cultural references and stylistically clashing elements, but somehow Emma Leth pulls it off and her fantastical home decor becomes an integral part of her narrative. The pink-paneled walls are an eye-catching collage of painted outerworldy shapes and creatures, while exquisitely vintage items, that are spread out in the fairytale interior design, captivate the more observant visitor.
Photo Credits: Philip Messmann
Emma Leth's Home is a Curious and Whimsical Wonderland
1. Fairytale Interior Design - An increasingly popular trend in interior design that utilizes fantastical elements to create a whimsical and imaginative living space.
2. Cabinets-of-curiosities Type Flat - Living spaces designed to incorporate a wide variety of unique, often unusual objects and elements to delight and inspire guests.
3. Stylistically Clashing Elements - A trend that utilizes design elements from different eras and styles that would traditionally not be combined to create unique and unpredictable living spaces.
1. Interior Design - The industry responsible for creating and implementing designs to improve the aesthetic and functional qualities of interior spaces.
2. Art and Collectibles - An industry that supplies unique objects and artistic pieces that can complement and enhance the visually unique qualities of a personally designed living space.
3. Film and Media Production - An industry that provides opportunities to incorporate elements from real and fictional narratives into personally designed living spaces to create immersive and personalized environments.