A new editorial for Harper's Bazaar Indonesia has just been released, photographing what appears to be an icy fairy queen, straight out of a children's storybook tale. Of course, this "fairy queen" is simply model Tereza, however, the way that Rio Prasetia, the shoot's photographer, captures her flawless skin and flowing blonde locks gives Tereza a fairy-like quality.
Tereza is mostly shown just from her chin up in this editorial, looking off into the distance with a serenely pensive expression on her face. By lighting her from an upwards angle, Prasetia was able to give her a glow that seems almost ethereal, or inhuman. She also stands against a window with streams of white light pouring through, which also serve to give her that fairy-like appearance.
This editorial is a stunning collection of photography that proves that fashion editorials can be used not only to showcase fashion ensembles, but to tell a story, and demonstrate unmatched photography prowess.
The 'Tereza' Editorial for Harper's Bazaar is Strikingly Soft and Cold
1. Fairy Tale Fashion - Fashion editorials are taking on a more storybook-like quality, providing opportunities for companies to create products inspired by classic fairy tales.
2. Ethereal Lighting - Photographers are experimenting with unique lighting techniques that enhance the otherworldly qualities of their subjects, creating opportunities for companies that manufacture lighting equipment for photography.
3. Minimalist Make-up - A trend of minimalistic make-up is emerging in fashion editorials, presenting opportunities for companies to create products that aim to highlight a model's natural beauty.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage the trend of fairy tale fashion through the creation of fashion ensembles inspired by classic fairy tales or collaborations with illustrators and authors of fairy tale books.
2. Photography - Companies involved in the manufacturing of lighting equipment for photography can capitalize on the trend of ethereal lighting by introducing innovative products that enable photographers to achieve unique lighting effects.
3. Beauty - Companies in the beauty industry can tap into the trend of minimalist make-up by creating products that aim to enhance a model's natural features, such as lightweight foundations and sheer lip products.