MegaCom is one of the most popular conventions in the Southeast that takes place every year in the city of Orlando, Florida.
The exceptional and colorful cos (dressing up as fictional characters) festival is a big reunion attended by seriously obsessed fanatics who dress up as their favorite fictional characters within the genres of cartoons, anime, manga, science fiction, video games, toys, comic books and fantasy games.
The role-playing, or cosplay, at these festive conventions is taken to maximum expressions as the fans seek to impersonate their heroes or heroines, even if it is just for a day.
For example, the photo displayed on the 6th image is that of a fan of Darth Talon from “Star Wars Legacy." The second image portrays Midna from The Legend of Zelda: “Twilight Princess” video game. The very artistic and detailed third image in the gallery is displaying a fan dressed up as the character “Shiva” from the “Final Fantasy Tactics Advance” video game.
I can go on about the characters, but I won’t. What is undeniable is that these mostly young fans are really having the time of their lives at this particular gathering.
Image Credit: VINCE HOBBS, ORLANDO SENTINEL
The MegaCon Fantasy Convention
1. Fantasy Cosplay - The trend of dressing up as fictional characters is growing, and there is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the costume and makeup industry.
2. Fandom Conventions - The rise of conventions centered around specific fandoms is providing opportunities for innovative event planning and marketing.
3. Role-playing Games - The popularity of role-playing games is increasing, and there is an opportunity for innovation in the development and design of these games.
1. Cosplay Costume and Makeup - There is an opportunity for innovation in creating high-quality, customizable, and affordable cosplay costumes and makeup.
2. Event Planning and Marketing - Innovative event planning and marketing strategies can help create successful and profitable fandom conventions.
3. Role-playing Game Development - There is a growing audience for role-playing games, creating an opportunity for innovation in the development and design of these games.