The Exedra Shelf is inspired by the semicircular recesses or plinthes often found in ancient architecture that was used as shrines to the gods. A smaller version, it is mounted on the wall to provide a special place for cherished belongings, whether they have spiritual meaning or not to the person who placed them there.
Created by industrial designer Stefan Hepner, the Exedra Shelf also happens to resemble a mini ice cave. The white exterior and blue interior has a cool aesthetic that brings those structures to mind. Not to mention that the crumbled look could easily be construed as the natural formation of snow. Made out of reinforced white resin, the Exedra Shelf is lightweight but sturdy enough to hold precious items.
The Exedra Shelf by Stefan Hepner is Made for Cherished Belongings
1. Shrine-inspired Shelving - Opportunity for creating unique shelving designs inspired by ancient architectural elements.
2. Cherished Belongings Display - Innovation in creating specialized shelves to showcase and store sentimental items.
3. Ice Cave Aesthetic - Opportunity to incorporate the cool and visually appealing look of ice caves into various products and designs.
1. Home Decor - Chance for companies to develop unique shelving products that cater to the display of cherished belongings.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to utilize shrine-inspired shelving concepts to enhance room aesthetics.
3. Art and Sculpture - Innovation in creating art pieces and sculptures that resemble ice caves, offering a visually stimulating experience.